Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Very Easy DIY Chalkboard!

So a couple weeks ago my sister and I decided to get up at 5:00 am and hit up some yard sales.  She just moved into her first place and was hoping to find some deals!  We did pretty well!  This incredibly ugly picture and frame was $1 and Shelbi of course gave it to me in hopes I would turn it into something cool for her house.  I had a free evening last night and decided to use my chalkboard paint!


 I used chalkboard spray paint, a roll of twine, burlap on a roll (from hobby lobby) and my trusty hot glue gun.

Take the glass out of the frame and clean it with windex or another glass cleaner.
Once it dry and clean, start spraying with the paint.  Make sure you apply it evenly.  Mine took about 4 coats. (Mine is actually even that is just the reflection of the trees)

It doesn't take long to dry at all!

I wrapped the ugly brown frame in twine and added the burlap bow.  You could buy bright spray paint and paint the frame also!  I just used what I had around the house!


Then I added words! 
*Chalk writing tip: keep blowing off the excess chalk dust and when you are done, take a Q-tip, dip it in water and clean up around your words!


TA DA! 
What I love about this project is that it is totally customizable!  You can use frames of any shape or size and paint them any color! 


I hope your project turns out beautiful! 





No comments:

Post a Comment