Thursday, January 17, 2013

Do it Yourself Canvas!


There are a few ways to do these, and I've tried just about every way.  This was the fastest, and easiest way I have found!   It's so simple, and saved us a fortune!  As a photographer I am ALL about getting quality prints and ordering canvas, I have a huge wall collage in our living room that cost us around $300-$400! But this way I am still getting good quality prints because I order them through a professional lab! So here is what I came up with! 

You will need: 



 Buy your print the size of the canvas you desire, mine are 12X12.
When I first made mine I only used the spray adhesive from the hardware store, but after a little time passed the corner of one of my photos started to come up a little so I would suggest combining the two.

1.  Using your sponge brush, cover the front of your canvas with the liquid Mod Podge.
2.  Spray the adhesive over the wet Mod Podge. (I would do this outside..the spray adhesive is VERY sticky, and is really hard to get off of EVERYTHING!)
3.  Line up the print and gently lay it down. DON'T PRESS.
4.  This is going to sound weird, but I then put a sock on my hand to smooth the photo onto the canvas.  I did this to make sure my photos didn't get scratched.
5.  Flip the canvas over (on a soft but flat surface-like carpet or an ottoman) and press the backside of the canvas to make sure your photo is applied evenly.
6.  This is optional, but the spray Mod Podge is for the protection of your photos.  Spray it evenly and not too think (you don't want runs).
7.  Let they dry, hang them up and stare in awe of what you just did!




I used one of the canvas squares to spice up the collage.  Grey paint, a big burlap bow, and a hot glue gun!  Easy!  These would have costed us around $200-$250, and my total was only around $50! 


I hope your project turns out beautiful!