Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Do it yourself wall art!



My bathroom is completely do it yourself! I am pretty proud of it! I did the whole thing for around $60-$70!  These fun, modern wraps are made out of none other than MOVING BOX LIDS! Enjoy!


You will need: 

Fabric. (I got mine from WalMart, they came in a pack and had lots of patterns and color schemes to choose from. I also got a pack of fabric strips that matched.  Located in the sewing aisle.)

Moving box lids. (I would make sure they are pretty wide.  If they are thin they won't stand off the wall properly and will probably look TOO homemade.  I used the lids from the types of boxes you fold and put together yourself because they are very sturdy.  Plus we had just moved and had plenty laying around!)

Hot glue gun.

Needle and Thread.

Iron.

Buttons. (If desired.)



1.  Choose your fabric and wrap the lids.  Wrap them tightly and secure them with hot glue.  I wrapped the edges of mine like a present.
2.  For the flowers, I took a fabric strip and folded it back and forth until the very end (Like you are making a fan).  Then took a needle and just sewed the end up. To make the creases stay take the iron and iron your little piece of folded fabric, let it cool.  Open it all the way until it makes a circle, glue the ends together and glue a button in the middle!
3.  For the ruffles; you basically scrunch and stitch, scrunch and stitch..each ruffle was about two strips of fabric.
4.  Hot glue it all down, and hang up your beautiful work!

Below: The shower curtain was on clearance for cheap, and we just added the flowers. NOTE: The flowers are a tad time consuming! 




I hope your project turns out beautiful!!


No comments:

Post a Comment